You Will Need:
Ricotta Cheese, 1 cup
Eggs, 1 each
Scallions, 2 each, thin sliced
Cherry Tomatoes, 8 oz, diced
Opal Basil, 10 leaves, chiffonade
Basil, 6 leaves, chiffonade
Squash Blossoms, 12 each, stamen removed
Olive Oil, 1/2 cup
Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 4
1. In a medium bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
2. Stuff each squash blossom with about 1.5-2 teaspoons of the filling and folding in the pedals to form a seal.
3. In a large pan, heat the oil over high heat until smoking and cook 4 flowers at a time unt withil golden brown on both sides.
4. Removed cooked flowers and place onto a paper towel lined platter to drain excess oil and repeat for remaining blossoms.
5. Sprinkle platter with some chiffonade basil and a sprinkle of salt prior to serving immediately.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.