You Will Need:
Olive Oil, 2 Tbs.
Onion, 1 medium-sized, diced
Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
Poblano Pepper, roasted, seeded and diced
Squash Blossoms, 10 each
Chicken Stock, ½ cup
Epazote, ½ cup
Cilantro, ¼ cup
4-10 inch flour tortillas
Mexican Cheese Blend, 8 oz.
Salt/Pepper, to taste
Recipe Serves: 4
1. In a large pan, heat the oil and saute the onion, garlic and roasted pepper, for about 5-6 minutes and the onions are translucent
2. Mix the the squash blossoms (whole), chicken stock, epazote and cilantro.
3. Cook until the blossoms have wilted (about 5 mins.), season with salt and pepper and let cool for about 35-40 minutes.
4. Place a tortilla on a flat surface and sprinkle cheese over the tortilla, then spread the filling evenly over the cheese and repeating for each tortilla.
5. Place tortilla into pan over medium-high heat with non-stick spray and begin cooking till cheese is melted, about 4-6 minutes, or till cheese is melted.
6. Using a spatula, fold the tortilla in half, or fold over when transfering to a plate (like with an omelet).
7. Cook the remaining tortillas using the same procedure and cut in half prior to serving.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.