You Will Need:
Mint, 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
Refrigerated Pie Dough, 1 package (2 sheets)
Fat Free Milk, 1 Tbsp
Butter, 1 Tbsp, cut into small cubes
Rhubarb, 2 ½ cups, chopped
Strawberries, 2 ½ cups, quartered
Cornstarch, ¼ cup
Lemon Juice, 1 Tbsp
Lemon Zest, ½ Tbsp
Salt, 2 tsp
Sugar, 1 cup + 2 Tbsp for topping crust
Recipe Serves: 8
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, strawberries, mint, cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and 1 cup sugar. Mix well to evenly coat fruit n the cornstarch mixture.
3. Roll out pie dough on a lightly floured surface. Arrange 1 shell in the pie dish and trim excess. Cut lattice strips out of the other crust and set aside.
4. Fill pie with rhubarb mixture and pat with cubes of butter
5. Top pie with lattice crust, weaving the strips of the top dough over and under to cover the top.
6. Brush with milk and sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp sugar.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely
Recipes and Pictures by Chef Katie Reineberg