You Will Need:
Parsley, 2 Tbsp, chopped
Marjoram, 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
French Baguette, 1 ½ cups, cubed, crusts removed
Cucumbers, 1 ½ each, seeds removed
Plum Tomatoes, 2 lbs, seeds removed
Red and Yellow Bell Pepper, 1 of each
Red Onion, 1 small, chopped
Garlic, 2 cloves, chopped
Olive Oil, ¼ cup
Tomato Juice, 2 ½ cups
Sherry Vinegar, ¼ cup
Salt and Pepper, 2 tsp of each
Recipe Serves: 8 as an Entree
1. Set aside 1 tomato, ¼ of each the red and yellow bell peppers, and 1/2 of one whole cucumber for garnish.
2. Coarsely chop remaining bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and cucumber.
3. Soak the bread cubes in water for 3-4 minutes, and then squeeze out the excess. In a blender or large food processor, combine soaked bread with coarsely chopped vegetables and pulse until almost smooth.
4. In a large bowl, combine the vegetable puree with tomato juice, vinegar, herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined, then cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
5. To serve, chop reserved tomatoes, cucumber, and bell peppers to small even pieces, spoon chilled gazpacho into serving bowls and top with chopped vegetables.
Recipes and Pictures by Chef Katie Reineberg